Say “I Do” to a Healthier You! - Part 2
If you missed part one of this series, check it out here!
You’re a week from the big day! Hopefully, by this time, you’ve added some healthy routines and habits to your life so you are feeling more confident, lean, healthy and excited!
Now, we are going to tackle what to do the week before your wedding to help you feel and look your best on your big day. On the blog today, we have Julie Apple of JApple Fitness and Melissa Black, RD to bring you the tips that will leave you looking and feeling your best!
The biggest battle you’ll want to win is the battle of the bloat. Brought on by stress, dehydration or poor nutrition, there are several ways you can combat that bloated feeling so you can focus on the wedding (and not your upset stomach!).
Top tips for the week leading up to your big day:
1. Cutting out alcohol. You’ll be amazed how much more alert, energetic and alive you feel. This will help stop the bloat big time.
2. Decrease your salt intake. The top six offenders, in regards to adding to our salt intake, are: breads and rolls, cold cuts and cured meats, pizza, fried poultry and foods, soups, and sandwiches and burgers.
3. Double your water intake. Flush out your system and stay hydrated. Your skin will be glowing for your big day.
4. No added sugar. Avoid all sugary drinks, desserts and sweet treats. This will also prevent the bloated feeling.
5. Have fun! Enjoy the time with your family and friends, relax as much as possible, and celebrate your hard work the past few months. Your new healthy habits will have you walking down the aisle feeling confident, for not only your big day, but as a new MRS too!
About the contributors:
Julie Apple is a Certified Personal Trainer and Certified Health Coach in Charlotte, North Carolina. She’s been training and coaching clients for 15 years. Her passion is helping clients fall in love with living a healthy lifestyle. You can connect with her at email@example.com or www.japplefitness.com.
Melissa Black is a Registered and Licensed Dietitian in Charlotte, North Carolina. She has been practicing for the last 7 years and currently works for a local oncology center as a certified specialist in oncology nutrition. She can typically be found with a cup of coffee in one hand and a menu planning book in the other. You can connect with her at
Looking for more inspiration and tips as you plan your fabulous wedding? Pop in your email below!